Week 17 | Baby Funk 2

Thursday, July 2, 2015


  • How far along?: 17 weeks
  • Baby is the size of a: my palm (5 3/4 in, 4 oz) (according to WTE Pregnancy)
  • Total weight gain/loss:  -2 lbs
  • Stretch Marks? Nothing new so far.
  • The Bump: It's made it's appearance and is only getting bigger!
  • Symptoms:  Still getting pregnancy headaches daily.  I'm hoping they go away soon. Oh, and I have this weird dry spot on my face that I'm pretty sure is from pregnancy. (Any helpful tips to get rid of it?)
  • Food Cravings: Sweets.  I've had hot chocolate, Snickers bars, chocolate cupcakes.  I want so many sweets!
  • Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Michael made burgers a few nights ago that made me nauseous, but they were soo good!
  • Sleep: I'm going to bed really early and sleeping pretty well.  Still taking an afternoon nap with Emma as much as I can.
  • What I miss: Sleeping through the night without having to get up.
  • Weddings Rings On or Off: On.
  • Any Names Picked Out Yet: No and I don't even know where to begin.  Michael and I are so opposite on these things.  We didn't have a name for Emma until a few weeks before she was here....AND she was a week late.  Ha!
  • Gender: It's a.....SURPRISE!  Michael found out and of course, couldn't keep it a secret and told me.  He already blabbed it to a few close friends and his parents, but we've decided to keep it to ourselves from everyone else, including my family!
  • Movement: I've started to notice some fluttering, but who knows.
  • Maternity Clothes: Not yet, but I went shopping this week for some new things.  Still rocking sweats and workout clothes.
  • Labor Signs: No!
  • Best Moment of the Week:  Emma and I had a Sno Cone date with the hubs and our sweet neighbor, "D" (Em's bff).  It was such a nice day to go.  You can see pics here. I also had a bittersweet moment with Emma.  We are going on one week weaned from breastfeeding.  It just kind of happened.  I don't think she was quite ready and neither was I, but with being pregnant, I was exhausted.  And she is a huge wiggle worm.  It was a lot of work, but worth every second these last 13 months.
  • Feeling:  Relaxed.
  • What I'm excited about/looking forward to:  I'm looking forward to our anatomy scan next week and getting to see our little baby again.  And Michael's second Father's day should be good too!

No comments

Post a Comment