Strawberry Picking | Making Memories with my Toddler

Monday, August 1, 2016

I absolutely love spending time with my girls and making memories that we can share for a lifetime.  It's amazing how much Emma has grown in these last few months. I feel like she learns something new everyday or she's teaching me something new!  We have our good days and bad, but it's so special that I get to be a part of that. I honestly wouldn't trade any of it.

Now that Emma is two (going on 12), I love finding new things for us to do together.  It should be easy, but sometimes I need help finding things for a toddler to do.  Over the next few weeks, I'm going to be sharing some of our favorite ways to make memories together.


Emma and I both experienced strawberry picking for the first time and had a blast.  To see the joy and excitement on Emma's face was more than enough for me and definitely worth the hour and a half drive we made to pick them.  She is so full of life and personality!

This is definitely a must-do with kids of all ages, but it was especially fun for my toddler.   The farm we went to does strawberry, blueberry and blackberry picking!  Not to mention, this is an activity that doesn't cost a lot either.  The experience was completely free and we paid under $5 for a huge bucket of strawberries that we got to pick ourselves!  They were big, red and juicy!  Clearly, Emma enjoyed them :It was hard to get her to stop eating them and put them in the bucket!
 


My husband and I have friends whose boys' are around the same age as Emma (just a few years difference).  She loves spending time with them and I enjoy spending time with their sweet mommy.  The strawberry farm is near them and it couldn't have been a more gorgeous day to be outside.  



Afterwards, we took the kids to a nearby park and had a picnic!  It was so much fun and it made for a full day with no very little toddler tantrums.  This is something we will never forget and can't wait to do again!

{Picture overload because it was too much fun not to share them all!} 


WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE MEMORIES WITH YOUR TODDLER?


2 comments:

  1. Aww so sweet and fun. It's so awesome when they get to an age where you can get out and do really fun things with them, making memories. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all the pictures! so much fun!! I can't wait to take my kids strawberry picking!

    ReplyDelete