Life as we (the Funk's) know it

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

We are officially two weeks into the school year and I finally feel like I can breathe a little since having the twins almost a year ago! I can't believe they'll be ONE next month, but I'll circle back to that ;)  It's been a while since I've done a little update on what our family has been up to lately, so here we go...

Emma and Charlotte both started school earlier this month and they are loving and rocking it! Em is seriously up before the sun each morning ready to go and Charlotte wishes she was going every day like big sis.  She's only going three days a week right now.  I get excited when it's time to go pick them up, but I'm not sad when I drop them off.  Haha!  It's been nice to hang out with just the twins and I'm sure they are loving not having two (wild) big kids trying to pick them up and dragging them around everywhere.


We made it through our first Summer here in Indiana and even though I'm still really missing Florida and all of our friends there, we did have some fun.  We went to Texas and spent time with family, which was the twins longest road trip.  My mom flew up and then we made the 14 hour drive.  It was an adventure and they did really well!  We got to visit with my great-grandmother who just turned 95!  We also got to see a lot of family we haven't seen in a very long time.  It was wonderful and needed.

Cousins!
Mi Abuela
The girl's great-great grandmother!
A few of our friends from Florida made a surprise visit over the Fourth of July followed by a visit from my youngest sister and her family.  We definitely tried to make the most of it, but I would be lying if I didn't tell you that I have really low expectations these days.  Four kids under five isn't easy and I definitely can't take them out on my own without help.

We did make it to the Indianapolis Zoo a few times and I'm ready for some cooler weather so that we can really enjoy being there all day!  They had a new Black Mamba (or chicken snake as Charlotte likes to call them) exhibit and Sloth exhibit, both of which were the girls favorites.

We are gearing up to celebrate our twins turning a year old, which seems unreal.  This has been the fastest year of my life yet.  They are growing at a crazy speed and it finally feels like we have this whole twin parenting thing down, or maybe not.  It changes daily.  I've said this before and I'll probably keep saying, but everything I thought I knew about motherhood changed when the twins arrived.  Nothing has been easy and nothing has been the same.  It's been an emotionally roller coaster, but here we are still alive.  I can however proudly say that I am still nursing both of them which I knew I could, but it's been hard AF. #realtalk 


I'm still working through my postpartum anxiety and PTSD, which I can say is so much better today than it was a few months ago.  I'm still working on writing about my experience and everything that happened when delivery Molly and Kathryn.  I promise I'll get it posted before the twins go to college.

We finally made it to church service for the first time in a year too and it felt soooo good.  That was a huge accomplishment for us and the twins did great in the nursery.  I'm fortunate to have in-laws that have been keeping our girls on the weekends so they are able to go to Sunday school, but the twins sleep schedule (or lack of) has made it difficult for us to go.  

Other than that, life as we know it has still been full of poopy diapers, messy floors (and kids), some tears, some yelling and a whole lot of love.  



 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun time you've had! I can't believe how big your twins are now!!

    ReplyDelete