How we Found Out Our BIG News | Part 2

Friday, September 28, 2018

Life has clearly been a little crazy around the Funk household for the last several months that I just realized that I never finished sharing how we found out we were expecting TWINS!  I mean, now that our twin girls are two weeks old, better late than never :)

After sharing with my husband that we were expecting, I immediately called my doctor and scheduled my first OB appointment at 8 weeks pregnant.  I was about 4 weeks pregnant when we found out.  I have always known pretty early on with all of my pregnancies.

Around 6 weeks pregnant, I started having some bleeding.  It wasn't a lot, but after having a miscarriage less than 6 months prior, it felt the same.  I wasn't having any pregnancy symptoms anymore and the bleeding continued.  I decided not to call my doctor and wait for my scheduled appointment to find out what was going on.  If I was having another miscarriage, I wasn't prepared to find out yet and there would be nothing anyone could do to stop it anyhow.

The day before my appointment, I started having severe cramping.  It was so painful that I had to call my husband to come home, which is something that I never do, so you have to know that it was pretty bad.  I literally couldn't walk, stand or sit without being in excruciating pain.  I assumed at that point that I was having a miscarriage and was body was going to do it naturally. (I had to have a D/C with my last miscarriage)

I called my doctor to let them know what was going on and they agreed that it did in fact sound like I was trying to miscarry, especially after having some bleeding.  They advised me to take some Tylenol and try to get comfortable.  They changed my morning appointment to a "confirmation of miscarriage" appointment and I was to get an ultrasound first.

That was a hard and sleepless night for me.

That next morning, my husband and I went to my appointment as scheduled and prepared to hear them tell us that we had lost the baby.

We had absolutely no idea what God had in store for us.  It was one of those moments that you wish you would have known ahead of time what was going to happen.  I would have definitely recorded that moment.

We got called in right away for the ultrasound.  The tech, who was very sensitive to the situation, began the ultrasound and shortly after let out a very excited squeal and said TWINS!

We were shocked!!

My husband's response was hilarious!  And went a little something like, " Wait. What? No! No! Noooo!"  We were definitely the talk of the office after that, especially since they all heard him.

I, on the other hand, was very confused. I was laughing and crying and had no idea what was going on. It was a circus!

Needless to say, that was a big surprise and we couldn't have been more grateful leaving that appointment.  

No comments

Post a Comment