Recipe | Taco Soup

Monday, August 10, 2015

I don't know about y'all, but I am so ready for the Fall!!  Football, pumpkin spice, soup, warm clothes and so much more!

Saturday here in Florida was rainy and gloomy outside and it felt like one of those cool Fall days that I love, so I couldn't resist making one of my favorite soups, Taco Soup.  It is so easy to make!  It was hard not to put on sweatpants and light a spiced scented candle to go with the mood I was in :)

Here is the recipe:
  • 1lb ground beef (you could also use turkey)
  • 1 small yellow onion (or 1/2 large)
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 can Ranch Style Beans
  • 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 small can of diced green chilies
  • 1 pkg Taco Seasoning (I like McCormick)
  • 1 pkg Ranch Dressing Seasoning (optional-I add it if I have it on hand, but don't go out of my way to buy it for this dish.  It does add a nice tangy taste to the soup.)
Directions:
  • Brown ground beef and onion until cooked.
  • While beef is browning, combine all other ingredients in a large pot (corn, beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, green chilies and taco seasoning) on Med High heat.
  • Once beef and onion are cooked, add them to the pot.  Heat through until bubbly.
  • Enjoy with your favorite taco toppings-sour cream, avocado, jalapeños, etc. 
We love ours with shredded cheese and corn chips!  The best part about this dish is that you can freeze it for up to 3 months and it is even better left over!

ENJOY :)

-Aly

No comments

Post a Comment