Little Ones, Some Days I Want to Scream and Cry too

Wednesday, May 17, 2017


Do you ever have one of those days that you wish was over before it even began?  Or wish you could just start over?  Today was one of those days for me.  It was truly a morning from hell.

I'll be honest, I'm sure my lack of time management had a little something to do with this morning's chaos, but my toddlers sure didn't help.  I don't blame them.  I mean, they're 3 and 1 and they haven't learned how to control their emotions, but my goodness being a mom is hard and well, sometimes toddlers are hard to deal with.

By the way, as I write this, I am currently eating out of a jar of Nutella that I poured half a bag of mini marshmallows into while I listen to one child continuously press the play button on her PJ Masks doll and the other child yelling that "kitty" isn't tired when they are both supposed to be taking naps....mainly for my sanity.

So, this morning went a little something like this...

I woke up early to shower and get to the grocery store to pick up a few things I needed to take to an End of the Year brunch with a mom's group I'm in.  As soon as I woke up, my husband who was getting up at the same time informs "reminds" me that he has a meeting at 8 and I had better hurry.  You know the kind of reminding that isn't really reminding because you are just hearing it for the first time.  He had to leave the house before 7 to make the call on time and well, the grocery store doesn't open until 7.

It really wasn't a big deal. I had plenty of time to get myself and my girls ready, pick up what we needed from the store and make brunch on time.  That's if you don't count the unexpected tantrum that was about to happen.  

It happened over a granola bar that I took away because she was chewing it up and spitting it out.  My littlest one screamed and cried for thirty minutes and at that moment I wanted to scream and cry too.  I wanted to curse (which I rarely do).  I wanted to throw my hands in the air and just not deal with it.

We finally made it to the grocery store and then my oldest starts crying because she only got to give one tub of yogurt to the cashier.  Seriously, child?  I have never been in and out of a grocery store with toddlers so quickly in my life.

It was a miracle we made it to MOPs on time, but we did.  My oldest didn't want to stay in child care and screamed and cried as I left.  I knew she would be fine and I knew at any moment I would start crying if I didn't get adult interaction.

Brunch was great.  It was so nice to talk to these other woman who understand and go through the same things we all do as moms.  The day was looking up and all was much better...until we got home.

I guess if my girls are going to scream and cry, they might as well do it together, over this afternoon's yogurt snack that they smeared all over the table.

All day today I've tried to take deep breaths, say little prayers and not get frustrated with my girls, but if I'm being honest with you, I just want to cry and maybe scream into a pillow.
  
My point is that it's ok to not have it all together.  It's ok to cry and really, it's ok to scream if you need to (obviously not at your children).  Scream out your favorite song. Whatever works for you because even moms are allowed bad days.  Raising little ones is hard and you don't have to pretend to have it all together all the time.  Heck, you don't have to pretend to ever have it together.  Sometimes you just need a little space and maybe a cocktail.  Or in my current situation, nap time and a jar of Nutella.

If your day has been anything like mine, just remember that tomorrow is a new day!  You've got this! 



17 comments:

  1. Yes!! I think as mamas we all have days like this, but like you said, tomorrow is a new day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these days are so hard!! If only there was a tiny little reset button. So sorry mama but you are not alone! ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! A reset button would be great, but it's nice to know I'm not alone :)

      Delete
  3. You're so right Mama! There are those days that seem to be filled with more challenges. Glad you're able to share this relatable truth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely have those days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  5. I love this post! I have so many of these days but I always remind myself this is just a season and five years from now, I'll wish for these days back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true! I'll take any day I have with my girls, good or bad!

      Delete
  6. I feel ya mama. We all have days like these. Thank goodness there's always tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Thanks for all the wonderful reminders!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so refreshing to see the brighter sides of this! Keep it going mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, I love this! We totally all have those days and understand what it's like. Hang in there, you're rocking this mom thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete