To the mom who just wants to drink her coffee, I See You

Friday, January 18, 2019

To the mom who just wanted to drink her coffee hot (or at all), I see you.

To the mom who had a bad day which was not good for anyone, I see you.

To the mom who washed her sheets because her toddler peed on them when they couldn't use your bathroom, I see you.

To the mom who cleaned pee (again) off the floor moments later because said toddler needed attention, I see you.

To the mom who tries to make dinner but instead manages to get cereal on the table, I see you.

To the mom who hasn’t brushed her hair in weeks and can’t remember if she brushed her teeth #Guilty, I see you.

To the mom who hasn’t left the house in days maybe weeks and just needs five minutes to herself, I see you.

To the mom who let her baby "cry it out" and feels guilty, I see you.

To the mom who let her kids watch Paw Patrol on repeat just to survive the day, I see you.

To the mom who can't seem to get it together, I see you and YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Yesterday was rough.  Yesterday I had one of those days.  One of those days where you want to hide in a closet and cry.  One of those days where you think you can't do it; this thing called motherhood.  I literally just wanted to drink my coffee. I am in deep right now with an almost 5 year old, a 3 year who takes the stereotypical three year old memes to another level (Google it...they are hilarious) and 4 month old twin girls.  I know it seems hard now, but just know you are not alone and I went to bed knowing that when I woke up to four beautiful little girls today, that they wouldn't even remember the day before and that they would love me regardless of my flaws as a mother and as a human.  

Take a breath. Tomorrow is a new day.  Love on those babies even on your worst days.  Cry if you need to cry and laugh if you need to laugh about it.  I mean, you could have been cleaning up poop off the floor, am I right?  It will get better and it will go by so fast.  

"You're always going to wonder if you're doing things wrong, but that's what it means to be a mom, to care so much about someone else that you just want to be as perfect as possible."
-Naya Rivera

Share your messiest mom moments with me in the comments.


No comments

Post a Comment