Emma Turns One | Pink Lemonade Party

Monday, May 23, 2016

Clearly, I am a procrastinator.  I just realized (as I was getting Emma's 2nd birthday post ready) that I never talked about her 1st birthday!  It was so much fun and Emma had such a great time!  

We had originally planned on going with a fun, girly, pink and gold theme BUT I am so glad we (I) changed my mind and went with a Pink Lemonade Party.  The colors were bright and it was perfect for a hot, May birthday in Florida.  Emma had such a great turn out from her friends and family and I hope she can look back on this and know just how much she is loved!
Headband :: BirdieBabyBoutique / Monogrammed Shirt :: Chaney & Company / Tutu :: Mommy's Little Sunshine
Here are some photos from her party, where to get supplies and a few DIYs :)
Popcorn Boxes :: Hobby Lobby / Gold Cake Stand :: Home Goods / Pink and Yellow Treat Pails :: Amazon / Striped and Polka Dot Treat Bags :: The Party Fairy

Lemonade Stand built by my amazing neighbor! / Banner :: BirdieBabyBoutique / Drink Dispenser :: Walmart / Chalkboard tags :: Jane / Straws :: Hobby Lobby
Water Bounce House was an amazing idea!
Vintage High Chair found at a local thrift shop for $20-Chose not to paint it, but still loved the way it looked!
Vanilla cupcakes with Lemon Curd center and Strawberry icing-YUM! (We had chocolate and buttercream for the kids ;)

DIY Backdrop:: I took pink plastic tablecloths and used a rotary cutter to cut 2-inches strips about 2-3 feet long.  We took string and tied it from one end of the room to the other and just folded to tablecloth over to have a "decorative" background. You can find another way to do this here. (and probably a better explanation!)

 DIY One Banner:: This one is so easy!  As you can see, I'm not the most creative or very good at decorating.  This party is not exactly what you see on Pinterest, but I loved the way it looked and Emma will never know the difference!  Haha!  Anyhow, I just took card-stock purchased from Joann's, cut out the letters and glued them onto the back pieces, punched holes and tied them onto the high chair.  Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy!





HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY, EMMA GRACE!
Thanks for stopping by...  I'm out!

1 comment:

  1. You won't run over somebody who isn't an impassioned admirer of pop corns.
    Thank you from Custom Printed Pillow Boxes

    ReplyDelete