Old Wive's Tales | Baby Funk 2

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

With the arrival of Baby Funk 2 arriving soon, I thought it would be fun to see if we are going to have a girl or boy according to some Old Wives Tales.


Old Wives Tale #1- Heart Rate

They say that 140+ beats per minute indicates a girl, and below 140 a boy. 

Baby's heartbeat at our appointment today was around 146 and has been around that or more each time.

Boy-0 Girl-1

Old Wives Tale #2- Cravings

They say if you are craving sweets, it's a girl.  Salty and sour usually means boy. 

This one is hard, because I crave just about everything.  Lol.  Probably more sweets though.

Boy-0 Girl-2

Old Wives Tale #3- Shape of Belly

If you are carrying high with a big, round belly, you are having a girl.

If you are carrying low with a smaller belly that sticks straight out, it's a boy.

I am carrying very high with this pregnancy which indicates a girl, but with Emma I carried kind of wide and lower....so who knows.

Boy-0 Girl-3 

Old Wives Tale #4- Chinese Birth Chart

This chart takes your age of conception and the month you conceived to predict gender.  According to this chart, we are having a girl. 

Boy-0 Girl-4 (geez...girl is kicking butt)

Old Wives Tale #5- The Mayan Tale

The Mayan tale adds the mother’s age at conception and the year of conception.

 If the result is a even number then mom is having a girl.  If the result is an odd number then a boy is on the way! 

27 + 2015 = 2042   According to this, we are having a girl.

Boy-0 Girl-5

Old Wives Tale #6- Skin

They say that if you have acne or bad skin, then it’s a girl.  I’m guessing because of the extra hormones.  I had great skin with both this pregnancy and my first.

Boy-1 Girl-5

Old Wives Tale #7- Clumsy vs. Graceful

They say if you are graceful during your pregnancy, then it’s a girl.  If you are clumsy, it’s a boy.  I don’t think I’m ever graceful.  Lol

Boy-2 Girl-5

Old Wives Tale #8- Morning Sickness

Sick as a dog during the first trimester—or still; indicates you’re having a girl.  Little to no morning sickness points to a boy.

Boy-3 Girl-5

Old Wives Tale #9- Side you most rest on

They say if you prefer your right side, it’s a boy.  If you prefer your left, it’s a girl.  I have been more comfortable laying on my right side this pregnancy, but sleep on both.

Boy-4 (catching up) Girl-5

Old Wives Tale #10- Hair on Legs

They say if the hair on your legs is growing at record speed, it’s a girl.  I feel like I have to shave every other day!  Not that I actually do though :/  Lol

Boy-4 Girl-6

Old Wives Tale #11- Hands are dry

They say if you have dry hands all the time, it’s a boy.  My hands and feet both have been very dry and cold this pregnancy.  Another one for the boy.

Boy-5 Girl-6

Old Wives Tale #12- Headaches

They say if you are having headaches, it’s a boy.  Thankfully I haven’t had many.  I did get a few during the second trimester, but I don’t think that’s enough to say boy.

Boy-5 Girl-7

Old Wives Tale #13- Baby Names

They say when you can only think of names for one gender, you will have that particular baby.  Michael and I have only ever agreed on boy names.

Boy-6 Girl-7

Old Wives Tale #14- Daddy’s Gaining Weight

They say if your hubby is putting on a little sympathy weight and indulging in your pregnancy cravings with you, you’re in for a sugary-sweet little girl.  We will just go ahead a give that point to the girl J

Boy-6 Girl-8

Old Wives Tale #15- Moody vs. Mellow

They say if you’re feeling more moody vs. mellow, you might be having a girl.  If you are more chilled out, legend has it that you will be having a boy.  Considering the fact that I cried over a chicken sandwich last night, I will have to give this one to the girl too.

Boy-6 Girl-9

IT’S A GIRL….according to Old Wives Tales

Not much longer until everyone will find out!  We can’t wait!
 



No comments

Post a Comment