38 Weeks | Baby Funk 2

Friday, November 20, 2015

  • How far along?: 38 Weeks
  • Baby is the size of a: winter melon (21 in, 7 lbs) (according to WTE Pregnancy)
  • Total weight gain/loss:  +26
  • Stretch Marks?  I'm a little bummed that I got stretch marks, but they are still very tiny so I know they won't be noticeable.  This baby is worth every single one, so I'm not complaining.  Still using Mustela and BioOil.
  • The Bump: Large and in charge!
  • Symptoms:  Does not be able to put on your own shoes count as a symptom?  I've hit that point in the pregnancy.  I definitely feel the baby dropping this week and I feel like everything make me a little nauseous.  I started swelling a little in my hands and feet this week too.
  • Food Cravings: Hibachi.
  • Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Almost everything.
  • Sleep: I'm not sleeping much at all anymore.
  • What I miss:  Sleep.
  • Weddings Rings On or Off: Currently off :(  Hoping the swelling doesn't last long.
  • Any Names Picked Out Yet: Well, looks like we are back to square one.  The names we did have picked out are now being second guessed.  Any suggestions?
  • Gender: We've still managed to keep it a surprise from my family and friends.  Of course, if you've been keeping up with my posts, you know that Michael already let it out to his family.
  • Movement: I'm not sure what's going on in there, but the movement has been a little uncomfortable lately....and lots of it.
  • Maternity Clothes: Oh, yes!  Thank goodness for Target and PinkBlush Maternity clothing. 
  • Labor Signs:  Oh, yes.  My contractions seem like they are still picking up slowly.  Hopefully they are actually doing something.
  • Moment of the Week:  We had a rough week.  I posted last week that we ended up going to the hospital because of my contractions, but got sent home.  When we finally got home (Monday morning), Emma was running another fever, but this time it got up to 104...YIKES!  It had been around 100 and manageable.  Not this time.  Ended up taking her to the doctor that same day and found out she had an ear infection.  We made it 18 months without her being sick, so I'm thankful for that.  Poor thing was miserable.  On a positive note, she is now over it and had a great report at her 18 month appointment.  Michael and I were able to enjoy a night out together and I got my hibachi and we even found a new place downtown that serves dessert and coffee late night.  It was perfect!
    She has never just fallen asleep in my lap!  She felt awful.
    Feeling better and reading a book to Gammy

  • Feeling:  Still very emotional.  I cried leaving Emma when I though we were going into labor.  I'm ready for our new baby, but also very scared. 
  • What I'm excited about/looking forward to:  I'm anxious to see what next week will bring at my appointment or if we will make it to 39 weeks.

No comments

Post a Comment