18 weeks | Baby Funk 2

Friday, July 10, 2015

  • How far along?: 18 weeks
  • Baby is the size of a: Can of Cola (6.29 in, 5.5 oz) (according to WTE Pregnancy)
  • Total weight gain/loss:  -2 lbs
  • Stretch Marks? Nope.
  • The Bump: It's made it's appearance and is only getting bigger!
  • Symptoms:  Pregnancy headaches have gone away.  I get a little heartburn every now and then, but so far baby is being good to me. 
  • Food Cravings: Nothing this week.
  • Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: I still can't eat much BBQ.  I can't stand the smell.  And apples are the biggest culprit to my heartburn.
  • Sleep: I'm going to bed really early and sleeping pretty well.  Still taking an afternoon nap with Emma as much as I can.
  • What I miss: Sleeping through the night without having to get up.
  • Weddings Rings On or Off: On.
  • Any Names Picked Out Yet: No and I don't even know where to begin.  Michael and I are so opposite on these things.  We didn't have a name for Emma until a few weeks before she was here....AND she was a week late.  Ha!
  • Gender: Still keeping it a SURPRISE!  Michael found out and of course, couldn't keep it a secret and told me.  It's so funny to hear what my family thinks and others guess.
  • Movement: Baby has definitely started kicking right before I go to bed.  They aren't hard kicks and only 3 or 4 just to let me know it's in there.
  • Maternity Clothes: My sweet husband bought me some maternity clothes from Pink Blush Maternity and I love them!  They are so comfortable.  I also bought a belly band from Target to keep my pre-pregnancy shorts up!
  • Labor Signs: No!
  • Best Moment of the Week:  Getting to see our little babe again at our doctor's appointment.  We had our anatomy scan and baby looks good and healthy.
    • Side Note:  We found out at our appointment that my cervix was showing where it should be at 26 weeks.  Kind of a scare!  Prayers are welcomed!  We go back next week to make sure we aren't at risk for pre-term labor.
  • Feeling:  Relaxed.  Just taking it easy while still trying to keep up with Emma. 
  • What I'm excited about/looking forward to:  I'm looking forward to another ultrasound next week.  I love getting to see our little baby on the screen.  Also looking forward to Michael's childhood buddies coming down to visit for the 4th and going out (kid-free) for my birthday.

No comments

Post a Comment