Recipe | Whole-Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I am always looking for ways to save time in the kitchen, but still be able to cook a good meal.  I knew things would be a little crazy around our house when Emma was born so I started looking for "freezer-friendly" ideas.

I came across a recipe for Whole-Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes and fell in love with them.  They are so good and very easy to make.  The best part-you can freeze them and they still taste just as good after you re-heat them.

I have made them probably a dozen times since having Emma, so I thought I would share my take on the recipe:


Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.  Combine the eggs, milk and oil in a separate bowl.

Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add egg mixture and chocolate chips (1/3 cup).  Stir just until moistened.

Cook on grease griddle.  Serve and enjoy or freeze for a later time.

This recipe made 10 large pancakes for us and I love that I can freeze the leftovers.  It's such a quick fix in the mornings.

*Nursing moms:  I added 2 tablespoons of Brewer's yeast.
*Spice it up: These would also be really good with some cinnamon or pumpkin spice.  Right now, you can also get pumpkin spice chips!

To Freeze: Lay out your pancakes on a cookie sheet allow them to cool/freeze in the freezer for about 30 minutes.  Once frozen, store them in an airtight freezer bag or container.

To Thaw:  Take out as many pancakes as you wish and heat in the microwave for about a minute or two.  You can also heat them in the oven on 350 for 15 minutes or until warm.

Original recipe and for substitutions go to http://moneysavingmom.com/2010/09/whole-wheat-chocolate-chip-pancake-recipe.html 


1 comment: